[by Daiane F. | November 3, 2014]
Let’s admit it: when the last model walked off the catwalk and the last smartphone screen was locked, everyone admiring the Fall 2014 shows sank back in their summer mindset.
But Birks can be worn only so many months a year and autumn is screaming for attention. These are the latest 5 most daring trends that fashionistas and street-style mavens will be bowing to, come Fall:
1. Warholian Vibes: It’s time to bust out those A-line minis: the 60’s are back our way. Complete with knee-high boots and mod accessories, the daring hemlines are everywhere: from Louis Vuitton, Saint Laurent and Valentino to Dsquared2, Versace or Gucci. There’s no denying it: Fall 2014 will be a mod, mod world. And we’ll all be living in it.
2. Fur Real: Fur coats get the colorblock treatment in what must be an unintentional attempt to transform them into a walking form of art. From psychedelic to subtle color combinations and even pastel hues, colorblocked furs look cozy and… fun! And when everybody from Tom Ford to Marni, 3.1 Philip Lim or Roksanda Ilincic is jumping on this bandwagon, it’s a sign that this is one trend that can’t be ignored.
3. Sporty Luxe: Well, those summer Birks must be replaced with something appropriate for Fall. And when the fashionistas ask, the runway answers: sneakers and sporty footwear. These were all the rage on many a catwalk, from Chanel’s decadent interpretations, to the high-trainer mania at Marc by Marc Jacobs and all-over sporty vibes at DKNY and Edun.
4. Knit One, Knit All: As usual, knit pieces are bound to appear on fall runways. However, for Fall 2014, knitwork is no longer reserved for the upper-half of the body. Marc Jacobs and Celine have sent fully knitted getups down the runway, complete with pants that look ever so cozy. The all-over knit look was also seen at Stella McCartney, The Row, Chanel and Acne.
5. Dresses Over Pants: Granted, this look is not for the faint of heart. And if this sounds rebellious, that’s because it is. Not in the adolescent type of way, but with the mindset of grown-up women who will wear a Balenciaga-inspired getup to work and then Kenzo’s version on a night out. This fall, dresses and pants are anything but boring. As seen at Balenciaga, Kenzo, Marc Jacobs or Giorgio Armani.